AAM hosts one major summit each year that typically takes place in May or June. The conference is designed to provide educational events through keynote speakers and breakout sessions featuring sole presenters, co-presenters and panel presentations. However, most attendees come for the networking…
- Marketers and business developers often feel like islands in their firms; the conference helps them build a network of support with people in the same position.
- Executive-level marketers have issues unique to where they are at in their careers; the conference is where they can connect with peers to solicit best practices and advice.
- Partners know accounting and tax, but need to brush up on their marketing; the conference introduces them to new strategies and tactics.
- Attendees learn from the exhibitors and sponsors who introduce them to what’s new in the industry – and the Summit is not possible without their support.
2022 AAM Summit
The 2022 AAM Summit is scheduled for May 2-4 at the Omni in Louisville, KY.
In 2012, AAM conducted its first-ever co-conference with the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+ conference. The convergence of three conferences in one location provided additional educational opportunities, allowing members to mix and match a custom educational experience with leaders from every firm discipline. Marketing and practice growth professionals have a prominent role in the combination event and can showcase innovation and best practices on a larger stage than usual. AAM was proud to continue this relationship in 2013 and 2015. AICPA launched their mega conference, ENGAGE, In 2017. AAM co-located at ENGAGE in 2017 and 2019. It’s our goal to be part of this event on a bi-annual basis for as long as it continues to make sense to all parties involved.
When AAM partners with the AICPA, geographic location options are limited due to the large number of attendees. However, it’s AAM’s goal to rotate the location as much as possible – East Coast, Central and West Coast – in order to bring the conference closer to members across the U.S.
The following is a list of prior conference themes and locations:
- 2021: Summit, Hybrid, Philadelphia
- 2020: Emerge, Virtual
- 2019: ENGAGE (co-conference with the AICPA), Las Vegas
- 2018: Summit - Think Fresh!, Portland
- 2017: ENGAGE (co-conference with the AICPA), Las Vegas
- 2016: Summit - inNEWvation, New Orleans
- 2015: Summit - Roots of Success (co-conference with the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+), Orlando
- 2014: Summit - Take AAM and Engage, Austin
- 2013: Summit - Win Your Race: Inspire Innovation. Realize Results. (co-conference with the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+), Las Vegas
- 2012: Summit - Succeeding in Today’s Topsy Turvy World (co-conference with the AICPA Practitioners Symposium and TECH+), Las Vegas
- 2011: Summit - Take Your Firm to New Heights, Chicago
- 2010: Summit - Building Strong Foundations for Firm Success, Washington D.C.
- 2009: Summit - Marketing Palooza, Austin
- 2008: Summit - Wild On Marketing, San Diego
- 2007: Summit - Uncharted Waters, Savannah
- 2006: Summit - Mile High Marketing, Denver
- 2005: Summit - Marketing Magic, Orlando
- 2004: Summit - Odds on Excellence, Las Vegas
- 2003: Summit - Revolutionary Marketing, Boston
- 2002: Summit - Measuring Performance, San Antonio