2017 Association Priorities
To accompany AAM’s strategic plan, Vision 2020 , the board of directors and committee chairs put together an operating plan that details top priorities for the association in a given year. Below is a list of what the staff and volunteers of AAM will be focused on this year.
Want to help? As a volunteer-led organization, there are many ways to get involved. Interested in joining a committee? Want to learn more about AAM's structure for committees and task forces? View our current AAM Committees and to see their Chairs to see where you can best lend your talents, then email us at email@example.com to express an interest.
|Position Pillar Tactics
- Distribute an annual report on the state of the organization and present at AAM Summit.
- Identify and engage industry leaders on Accounting Today's '100 most influential list' and Managing Partner Elite, and CPA Practice Advisory 'Most Powerful Women in Accounting' lists. Develop. Deploy and execute outreach plan with multiple touchpoints and interactions throughout the year.
- Deploy brand task force to evaluate repositioning and rebranding AAM.
- Contact growth leaders within the Big 4 and other top 10 firms to evaluate growth and sustainability needs that could be supported through potential involvement with AAM.
- Evaluate and create one new award program (for MP, BD, growth leaders, etc.)
|Knowledge Pillar Tactics
- Determine evolving needs and research content/training needs for target market segments/specialties. Evaluate options within industry for aggregated and collaborative distribution.
- Create 2017 Editorial Calendar to guide all training and thought leadership deployed by committees.
- Develop and deploy industry's top Growth and Sustainability Trends Report via webinar, published report and promotional tool.
- Aggregate and create content for Growth Strategies, AAM High, AAM Minute, campfires, podcasts and other training programs following new content guidelines for emerging market.
- Deploy a content coding system for AAM's library that is reflective of AAM market segments, profession specialties, size and topic/curricula tracks.
- Perform technology audit to ensure efficient and effective content and knowledge transfer to members.
- Build out 2018 conference submission process with the requirements of AAM membership segments and curricula outline.
- Create a vehicle to communicate and continually promote a content catalog to members.
- Expand member outreach to identify new voices for content creation and redistribution to members.
- Continue AICPA, LMA, CPAFMA relationships and identify new alliance partners for three-year cultivation plan.
- Define and target 10 state societies for specific outreach to introduce content slate, road show programming and potential collaborations (based on member and projected member needs).
- Collaborate with the PCPS to create a definitive CRM document for the profession.
|Growth Pillar Tactics
- Conduct Member Satisfaction Survey and leverage results to create strategies to grow and retain members in future years.
- Retain more than 90% of members and generate 190 new members to achieve a 10% growth rate.
- Deploy monthly new member calls, new member roundtables and evaluation new member kit.
- Evaluate Member Appreciation Day and/or recognition program.
- Evaluate how to partner more effectively with Chapters to generate more value to members.
- Increase sponsorships and advertising revenue to fund expanded member programming.
- Program to identify firm sponsorship recognition [e.g. firms investing in our industry]
- Investigate and leverage AAM Linked In Group with special membership campaign to expand reach of current prospecting methods.
- Deploy Member-to-Member Campaigns and targeted segments to achieve goals.
- Conduct primary research with the CPA practitioner market to understand their growth and sustainability training and development needs.
|Process Pillar Tactics
- Update and communicate committee "AAM Roadmap" and Committee Handbook to provide comprehensive documentation about what committees do, committee descriptions, annualized action plans, who they are, liaison identity, meeting schedule and individual roles of committee chairs.
- Build volunteer succession plan.
- Build committee onboarding documentation that outlines responsibilities and committee's annualized action plans and goals.
- Develop, collect and implement demographic categories for members and prospective members to support effective knowledge platform delivery.
- Engage past presidents and other AAM volunteer leaders in capturing and retaining institutional knowledge.
- Create and deploy "AAM Process HUB" for operational ease and excellence.