The mission of AAM is to promote excellence and elevate the professional stature of marketing, business development and other practice growth professionals at all career levels directly impacting members' professional development and careers through education, networking and thought leadership to grow both people and accounting practices.
By 2018, AAM will be the premier resource for thought leadership, expertise and education regarding firm growth for the accounting profession; demonstrated by active partnering programs with the AICPA, state societies, and select top firms and accounting firm associations.
Membership will proportionally reflect these core disciplines:
- Marketing and Branding
- Business Development
- Communications (Internal & External)
- Growth and Practice Management Strategies
Focused attention will be placed on:
- Integration among the core disciplines
- Emerging issues, trends and tools
- Opportunities to facilitate professional relationship development
Education will be designed and delivered focusing on both strategic and tactical skills in these areas:
- Foundational and core
- Advanced and applied
- Specialized (functional)
Affiliate members and their organizations will be engaged to assist AAM with education, thought-leadership development and delivery.
AAM’s current strategic plan is called Vision 2020 and it took the better part of a year to develop. To better understand where the association is going, read our strategic plan.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Association for Accounting Marketing welcomes and celebrates all people. We honor each individual and what they bring to the table. As an organization, we are against all forms of racism and discrimination. AAM is a better organization for all of its members when we encourage input and membership from people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and opinions.
We continually strive to educate and recognize where we can be better and do more as an organization. We also understand that there is still work to be done in our association, accounting marketing, and the accounting industry to address diversity, equity, inclusion (DEI), and unconscious bias.
AAM is committed to taking action in the following ways. We will:
- Listen, and hold a safe space for our members to create a dialogue about diversity, discrimination and equality in all its forms so that we can learn from each other and address issues in a collaborative way.
- Use our platforms to lift up voices of all backgrounds and provide ongoing education on DEI and unconscious bias in our industry.
- Seek out actions and implement initiatives to improve diversity within our organization and industry.
- Educate and promote accounting marketing and accounting as a profession to all audiences.
- Foster a community of acceptance and welcome people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and ideas.
Create content and education opportunities that will help members not only do their own internal work around diversity, but provide ways to continue to address DEI in their own firms.