June 2017: Referral & Partnership Marketing
Topic At Hand: How to Get the Most Out of Your Referral Sources - While often overlooked, a great source for new business includes referral sources. You cannot receive a better lead than one that has been sent from someone already in a strong working relationship with you. Building relationships with bankers, attorneys, financial advisors, and other professional services providers can play a huge rule to bringing more business into your practice. Think of your referral sources as your personal sales force, and this article will introduce steps you can take to initiate referral partnerships.
Articles of Interest:
- Many customers are glad to provide referrals when they are happy with the services provided by your company, but do not take the extra step to do so. This article shares best practices on how to capture those valuable referrals.
- Need ideas to help you gain more referrals? This article provides information on experience-based and reputation-based referrals along with helpful concepts to gain a strong referral strategy.
- A referral contest is a great way to generate - and track - leads from existing customers. This article shares tips and techniques for how to create, customize, record, and recognize your customers' and their referrals' traffic on your site.
- Don't know where to begin with referral incentives and rewards? This comprehensive article covers what to consider when designing your own plan including why you should reward and who you should reward.
- Partnership marketing is more than just adding your logo alongside another company's. Learn more about how you can build partnerships with strategic, mutual advantages in this article.
Best Practices: Five Ways to Partner with your State CPA Society for Success - As an accounting marketing professional charged with a multitude of tasks on any given day, it helps to have allies on your side within your industry. That is where your state accounting society can help. Every U.S. state as well as Washington DC and Puerto Rico, has professional societies or associations dedicated to helping accountants protect and promote their profession. They are an often overlooked partnership resource - you just need to know how to best use the resources and tools they have available. Read this article to learn more.
Business Development News: 12 Steps to Take Referral Relationships to the Next Level - When it comes to attracting new business in an accounting firm, successful business developers realize, "It's not what you know, it's who you know." Having connections to people in power is always a path to success, and strategic marketing alliances are used by the most successful business developers. This article shares a 12-step networking process for developing alliances that deliver a continuous stream of quality business referrals.
Questions & Answers: How to Work With Your International CPA Firm Association - Accounting associations do not all look alike, but they exist because firms are looking for benefits like brand validation, sharing opportunities, access to expertise, and potential for referrals. This interview with a firm member of an association discusses the benefits of working closely with an association, emphasizing the 'you get what you give' mentality.
Sponsored Content: Investing in Success: What Successful Accounting Firms Spend on Marketing - Results from the third Marketing Budget Benchmark Study conducted by the Association for Accounting Marketing (AAM) and Hinge Research Institute are in and key highlights and insights from the study are shared in this article.
New Member List: June 2017