Members of the Association for Accounting Marketing ("AAM") are committed to responsibly promoting their firms and the accounting profession through programs that inform and explain accounting issues for the general public and targeted audiences. Guided by the values of advocacy, integrity, professionalism and excellence, AAM members ensure that all communications efforts of their firms or agencies serve to advance the profession of accounting. Additionally, AAM members are committed to establishing the value of marketing within the accounting profession, and of continually strengthening the role of accounting marketing through internal education and advocacy.
In keeping with these values and goals, each AAM member is expected to abide by the following ethical values and code of conduct:
- Support the mission and goals of AAM.
- Promote the benefits of AAM.
- Strive to gain respect for the accounting industry at the local, regional and national levels.
- Advance the practice of marketing within the accounting profession through internal education and advocacy.
- Raise the profile of one’s employer in relevant target industries and markets via the implementation of exceptional strategic marketing and tactical decision-making.
- Comply with the bylaws, rules and regulations of AAM.
- Represent credentials, training, experience and capabilities honestly and completely.
- Refrain from knowingly making false or misleading statements about members, competitors, AAM or any other organization/individual.
- Refrain from engaging in any activity that could give rise to a professional conflict of interest, unless express advance consent is given by all affected parties after full disclosure of the facts.
- Refrain from advocating and pursuing positions beneficial to one’s personal career at the expense of one’s employer.
- Strive to assure that all presentations of services, goods and concepts are made accurately, clearly and honestly.
- Support an independent and fair marketplace of ideas and choices in order to fully inform target audiences.
- Maintain a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism in all business and volunteer activity.
- Cooperate with other accounting marketing and industry professionals to advance the understanding of accounting marketing and make the benefits of such work available to the public.
- Maintain objectivity in the delivery of service to all professionals within one’s employer organization regardless of personal feeling or preference.
- Demonstrate professional excellence through regular self assessment of strengths, limitations and effectiveness by continued education and training.
- Serve as a guide, coach, mentor and influencer to other marketers and professional staff to develop broader marketing expertise and awareness of positive impacts of marketing on the accounting profession.
- continually evaluate current marketing practices to ensure that the unique needs of each member’s firm are aligned with the most effective marketing technology and innovations.